Saturday, July 26, 2008

"But godliness with contentment is great gain." *





Content



Function: transitive verb



Date: 15th century



1 : to appease the desires of



2 : to limit (oneself) in requirements, desires, or actions






----



Often Contentment seems like it is this grand mystery. Thousands of books are written about it and it is the subject of much study. (82,517 results for "contentment" under books on Amazon.com. A google search brings up 6,330,000 results for the word contentment, and the photo that I choose to acompany the post is the first photo result. [It is a poster of a painting called contentment.]) However, in my reading I stumbled across a passage in the bible that states clearly what the "secret of contentment" is...no fancy books needed! Relying moment by moment on God (contentment) is a beautiful treasure ...

___

Phillipians 4:10- 13 (NIV Emphasis added)

I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation,whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

*Note: Title is 1 Timothy 1:6




0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates