Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Graduation Thoughts...


It’s Done! I finally graduated! I completed my Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a minor Christian Counseling. These past few years have held so many rich experiences and so many learning opportunities. I learned so much about compassion and how God is training me to better serve women in the community through volunteer work at a local pregnancy help center. I learned about encouragement and organization through hosting young womens events. I learned how much I did not know and needed to learn from a weekly bible study with young teens. I learned about thoroughness, accuracy, and presentation through my final research project. I learned about the importance of team work and perseverance when working with CommuterLife and helping start an off-campus chapel service. I learned about communication, leadership and teaching through meaningful interactions with faculty, as a teaching assistant and Lead facilitator (peer tutor). Through encouragement and guidance of some many,so many I have discovered gifts and talents of which I was previously unaware. I learned about myself- I discovered a passion for ministry and teaching. This has impacted my work with the youth and further solidified my heart for mentoring young women. All of these experiences prompted me to begin a pursuit of ministerial credentials. I am now licensed as a minister with the my denomination. This beginning step begins the process towards ordination. While I do not what is in the immediate future I am trusting God that he will guide my next steps just he has step by step placed me in each of these place. These years have been an exciting time and I cannot wait to see how Lord unfolds his awesome plans as I begin these new adventures. Thank you for your support and prayers. I could not have done it without you!

1 comments:

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates