Thursday, June 3, 2010

Stand still

I've had this article bouncing around in my head for a few weeks... I can't put it together exactly... so bear with me.  Here are my thoughts...

1) Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you. ~ 2 Chronicles 20:17

And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you to day: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen to day, ye shall see them again no more for ever. ~ Exodus 14:13


2)How many times have you heard that verse?  A thousand? Maybe. I always thought... "right, just wait on God." But then I thought... "wait a sec....You don't get to just lie around on your couch and wait for God to move.. or just do your thing and watch him move.  You have to stand."  I looked the word up in the Strongs and it means: to stand, in various relations (literally and figuratively, intransitively and transitively): - abide (behind), appoint, arise, cease, confirm, continue, dwell, be employed, endure, establish, leave, make, ordain, be [over], place, (be) present (self), raise up, remain, repair, + serve, set (forth, over, -tle, up), (make to, make to be at a, with-) stand (by, fast, firm, still, up), (be at a) stay (up), tarry.  So obviously it doesn't really mean you get to lay down....  You have to stand, just stand, not walk not run, not fight, just stand.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

3) Final thoughts... God asks us to trust him to believe that he is with us.  And from personal experience I can tell you He is. So in those times when you wonder if He's deserted you or you get to the point where you say I can't stand anymore God! Remember His grace is sufficient and "it was then that I carried you".  When you feel like you can't go on, know that all you have to do is stand your ground and you will see the salvation of God.

1 comments:

Christina June 4, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

Thanks for sharing this. I needed the reminder. The Lord really brought that verse to my attention a while ago. But I needed to hear it again. Thanks.

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates