Saturday, June 19, 2010

Update!

Hello All!!!

No, we haven't deserted you.  We've just had a busy spring.  Some of the girls have gotten full time jobs, graduated, or moved across the county, or in my case, their keyboard has gone wacko....

Rebecca is out with our Mom so I thought I would take the opportunity to borrow her laptop and give you all an update.

We are planning, God willing, to be back almost full time this summer.  We're hoping to get back into the swing of things and have posts every week for you to read. 

In the meantime let's have some discussion! 

1) Are there any specific topics you would like to see us write about?  Now is your chance! Speak or forever hold your peace :)

2) I was thinking about how the Bible instructes us to encourage, edify, and exhort one another.  So, what verse do you hold onto when things are rough, the verse that encourages you the most?  Or what is your favorite verse.

As a musician, songs tend to help me more than words but the chapter that always encourages me is Psalm 42.

To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah. As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

1 comments:

Unknown June 29, 2010 at 5:08 PM  

Thank you, Katie! I've missed reading frequent IDD posts and discovered that some of the other online places I go to for encouragement are posting more lightly during the summer, thinking that everyone is extra busy. I'm not... and somehow the void of not having local friendships just seems more apparant.

My favorite verse is Is. 26:3-4 -- You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because He trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in Yah the Lord is everlasting strength.

Much more recently, Isaiah 40 has greatly encouraged me.
... He will feed His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs with His arm, And carry them in His bosom...Who has measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, Measured heaven with a span And calculated the dust of the earth in a measure? Weighed the mountains in scales And the hills in a balance? Who has directed the Spirit of the LORD, Or as His counselor has taught Him? With whom did He take counsel, and who instructed Him...
How can one question the dealings of such a God? Yet I am far too often too ready to question the loneliness I face. He knows. He cares. Yet He chose to plan my life just so. Great monuments to His magnificence point me to trust His power. The agony of the cross directs me to trust His love.

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates