Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Light is Coming Soon....

Don't let your eyes
Get used to Darkness
I am so guilty of this.  My family and I went on vacation to Florida earlier this month.  I remember driving in the Florida sunshine the day after we arrived and remarking to my sisters "Is it this sunny in Wisconsin in the summer?  I don't remember."  I think it is.  I've just gotten so used to the gray skies of winter that I'd allowed myself to forget that sunlight exists. 
The light
Is coming soon
The winter is almost over here in the Midwest.  The sun peeks out at us every once in a while now.  In a few weeks it will be here to stay.  Soon.  Soon.  

Don't let your heart
Get used to Sadness
Guilty again.  Have you ever thought this?  "This is my life.  I better just get used to disappointment."  

Put your hope
In what is true
Ecclesiastes 2:26 For God giveth to a man that is good in his sight, wisdom, and knowledge, and joy.

1King 10:8  Happy are thy men, happy are these thy servants, which stand continually before thee, and that hear thy wisdom.

Psalm 128:2  For thou shalt eat the labor of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
Psalm 144:15  Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.

Psalm 146:5  Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God:

1Peter 3:14  But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

No matter how
The wind may blow
Tribulation.  We all have it in our lives.  Heartache.  Sadness.  Depression.  Loneliness.  Fear.  Hard times.
It cannot shake
The Sun
Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever. 

1John 2:8  Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
1Thessalonians 5:5  Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
Ephesians 5:8  For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Luke 1:79  To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace. 

(italized portions taken from "Back Home" from JJ Heller's album Painted Red)

1 comments:

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates