Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Dr. Jak's What Not To Wear

Flowy, full skirts appeal to our feminine nature. They make us want to dance and twirl!

The empire waisted tunic is also popular at present and fun to wear.

But, just because two pieces are fun to wear separately does not mean it is ok to wear them together!

I put together this outfit to show you the "don'ts" about it.

(Please excuse the wrinkly shirt...) Note how I look like I'm wearing a tent? :) The empire waisted tunic is shapeless enough by itself, so it's a good idea to use a slimmer piece of clothing on the bottom to offset the fullness of the tunic.
Like this:
So, what kind of tops ARE ok to wear with the whirly twirly skirts we love so much?

Exactly the opposite of what's on the bottom. Go for something with more structure and a closer fit.

3 comments:

Clare June 17, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

Great post!

While the empire waist does look better with the jeans than with the skirt, I think the beautiful feminine simplicity of the final pictures top all. You look just lovely!

---Clare
www.amaidenswreath.blogspot.com

Krista June 17, 2008 at 2:15 PM  

Marvelous post, dear Jak! :-) I have often thought of how true this concept is, and do my utmost best to follow it! I do love my empire waisted tops and twirly skirts, but they are paired with other items of clothing.

Sarah Dee June 17, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

i don;t wear empire waist tank tops period. They make me look pregnant. :P *sigh* I love the twily skirt though. Another great post by Dr. Jak!!!1

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates