Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Solitude


I love my solitude. I love to be able to work and think without interruption.
It's a time of peace and rest for me.
Growing up in a large family I learned to crave time alone
like a rare and precious gift to be looked on as the jewel it is.
Certainly not to be misspent or wasted.

But sometimes I get lonely.
Sometimes, early in the morning
when I look at the day stretched out in front of me...
I feel like something important is missing.
Or, when I have a mini personal victory,
or a mini personal defeat
and I want to tell somebody who might understand.

I'm happy with my life.
Content.
I love my family and friends.
But, just because I'm happy does that mean
I can't look forward to the future?
Does that mean that sometimes,
when I'm quiet,
I shouldn't admit that
something is missing?

0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates