Friday, June 20, 2008

What If?

What if NOTHING ever existed.
A hard thought to grasp.
What if GOD never existed.

If you're a Christian, you believe that if God never existed, nothing ever existed.
Without God, there is nothing. God made everything.
What if you weren't a Christian, or let's say that regardless of God, life had a beginning, and somehow, this earth, and its people, and the universe came to being.
What if God wasn't a part of it? What if there was NO ONE in control of everything.
What if there was no one to turn to when you feel like nobody else understands.
I just thought about all that for a few minutes, and I am SO GLAD I have such a wise God.
Anyway, these are just some things I was pondering earlier. Any thoughts?

Yes, definite thoughts!

What if there was no one to turn to when you felt like no one understood. Scary! Isn't that what pushes people to suicide? When all along there is a God who understands, cares, and loves you. Instead, he gets push him away, ignored; the understanding, the love, the help, it's all rejected. Exchanged for a life of freedom, what I want, when I want it, not answering to anyone, misunderstanding, loneliness, and depression.

Yes, being a Christian isn't easy, but hey, if all else fails I'll never be lonely. I've had times where I felt alone, misunderstood, and in despair. I very clearly remember one day curled up in a ball, sobbing my heart out and asking God, why? Where are you? Why do I feel so alone? I clearly remember God speaking and saying "It's o.k. I'm here." I knew at that moment that I wasn't alone, and I never would be, that God was holding me like a little baby, comforting me, all I had to do was look at his face and realize it. Do you know the joy, and love that comes flooding into your soul at that moment. It picks you up off the ground and you fly on the wings of the love of God. I don't remember the reference but the Bible says "I will never leave you or forsake you. O.k. o.k I'm looking it up, Hebrews 13:5. It also reminds me of something I read it a book once.
You can never be where God is not. There is no place where you can out distance Him.
No dark corner where He is not already there waiting for your arrival. No deep recess of your heart and soul that He does not know of. No secret that He does not share. And he does have power, to change, to keep, to do the impossible....for without Him, nothing of importance is possible. We can only fumble and stumble in darkness. But with Him there is light, even in the hardest
(I would include darkest) of time.

One more thought before signing off. These are the words to the song "What If" by Nicole Nordeman:

What if you're right
He was just another nice guy
What if you're right
What if it's true
They say the cross will only make a fool of you
And what if it's true
What if He takes His place in history
With all the prophets and the kings
Who taught us love, and came in peace
But then the story ends
What then

*But what if you're wrong
What if there's more
What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for
What if you jump
Just close your eyes
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise
What if He's more than enough
What if it's love


What if you dig
Way down deeper than your simple-minded friends
What if you dig
What if you find
A thousand more unanswered questions down inside
That's all you find
What if you pick apart the logic
And begin to poke the holes
What if the crown of thorns is no more than folklore that must be told
And retold

*Repeat

'Cause you've been running as fast as you can
You've been looking for a place you can land
For so long
But what if you're wrong
What if you jump
Just close your eyes
What if the arms that catch you, catch you by surprise
What if He's more than enough
What if it's love
What if it's love

2 comments:

Nicky Story June 24, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

do you have the cd with that song on it? I used to but I can't find it now... What a comfort! Thanks for sharing Kate!

Rebecca June 24, 2008 at 6:24 PM  

I DO have the CD with that song on it!! I'll try to find it and get it to you Thursday night. Otherwise, I have it on iTunes too.. but, you probably want the whole cd. I'll find it.

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates