Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dr.Jak's How To Stay Warm and Look Fun in The Winter

Looking cute and fashionable in the winter can be a challenge. And I will be the first to admit that there are days when all I want to wear is jeans and a sweatshirt and I don't even care how I look!

Here's some quick tips to help you stay fashionable and warm at the same time:

1. We have to wear coats and hats, scarves and mittens so why not invest in some cute outerwear options? I love to mix and match scarves and hats, and try to match the colors with what I'm wearing at the time. Most of us don't have a budget that allows for endless coats and accessories, so when you do pick out a winter coat make sure you put plenty of thought into it. I like to stay away from black and brown and stick with more neutral colors that will go with any outfit.

Then I go crazy with accessories! If you're a knitter or crocheter go ahead and make some pretty scarves and hats and mix them up! Try different color combinations!

Check out the web for pictures of colors and textures to inspire you!
2. Wear Longjohns/Leggings, whatever.  They are a great investment I promise you! 
3.  Layers!  Layers are very popular and lucky for us very warm.  And here's a hint: Don't pack away your summer clothes.  Keep them as options right along with your winter wardrobe.  Wear a summer top with a long sleeved blouse underneath, throw a sweater and scarf over top and you're ready to go!  I've also seen a lot of people wearing capris or shorts with cute leggings and boots.  And summer skirts are totally ok, too!  Wear them with tights and boots or jeans.  There are no rules.  Use your creative juices and...
4.  Just because it's winter don't be afraid of using color.  On dreary days color is exactly what we need!
5.  Accessorize!  Accessories are a great way to bring color and style into any outfit.  A chunky necklace will totally dress up jeans and plain shirt.  Wear a pretty scarf in your hair, or tie it around your waist, or neck. 
6.  Don't be afraid to try something new!  Mix and match your jewelry.  Check out the vintage scarves at the thrift store.  Wear a summer top with a winter skirt.  Maybe buy a color you've never tried before?  I promise you'll feel adventurous!

1 comments:

Krista February 11, 2009 at 4:21 AM  

Hee, you know what? I hadn't even read your post entirely yet when I did it, but I wore a pink scarf with fringe as a belt yesterday. Very out of the ordinary for me, heh. :-) But it was fun!

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates