Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Little is Much

Does the place you're called to labor
Seem too small and little known?
Do you ever feel like that?  I do.  Sometimes, I feel like my life is very inconsequential.  Sometimes, I look at the things I do for God, and think Anybody could do this... I'm really not doing much for God at all.  Or, sometimes, I look at my life and think that it's no wonder I'm feeling all alone and hopeless.  I'm not all that important.  God has much more important people to worry about.  
Do you ever think that maybe God has forgotten about you?  I do.  All the time.  
 
It is great if God is in it,
And He'll not forget His own.
A few days ago I was time traveling through my memories and thinking of the days right after high school.  In those days I was haunted with questions.  What are you going to do now?  I didn't have an answer.  But, I had no doubt that I would get an answer.  Soon.  I expected a divine revelation any day.  A giant unveiling of "God's Plan For Rebecca"  Or at the very least a memo with "Step One" printed at the top.  

Do you know, I never got an anwer?  Never.  I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up.  Except.  Oops.  I grew up already.  

So, yeah.  Sometimes I definitely think that maybe God forgot about me.  

But, here's the thing:

Right after high school I asked God what He wanted me to do with my life.  I gave him life and placed my future in His hands.  It's still there.  And maybe that's my answer.  Just give Him my life.  Just surrender.  Just live.  Everyday.  Without an answer.  Let God use me in the day to day stuff.  

There will probably never be an "Answer"  I don't know why I never realized it sooner.  

Some of us are called to definite paths.  Missionaries, people in the ministery.  Some people, God gives them a vocation, a calling with a name.  And they can say "God has called me to be a missionary.  It will be a lot of work, I know it will be hard, I will suffer, but, I know where I am going."  Others don't have anything so clearly-cut, packaged and precise.  Some of us are just called to live for Him.  No matter what comes.  Not knowing what may be asked of us, day in and day out.  But, being ready always to serve Him whatever crosses our paths.  

It is GREAT if God is in it....

2 comments:

Miss Deb February 24, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Excellent post Jak! Amen :)

Sam March 7, 2009 at 9:33 AM  

Thanks for this post!! I've struggled, since my graduation, with understanding where God wants me right now, and I've been slowly learning that perhaps He wants me right where I am...simply waiting. Anywho, thanks for such an encouraging post!!

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates