Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fought For

I don't know when it was I first discovered my love of adventurous period dramas.

But there it was, looking me in the face.

I'm a sucker for the old knight-rescues-the-lady line. I love the old-fashioned values of chivalry and femininity, as presented in so many stories set during a quieter time.

Especially when the gentleman pursued the lady at great risk to himself.

As I've thought about why these story lines fascinate me, why I'm so transfixed on these ideals and morals, the answer suddenly hit me.

I want to know I'm worth it.

Worth fighting for.

In nearly every girl, there is that same desire--to love and be loved.

To know we're worth fighting for.

Now, please don't misunderstand--I'm not talking about some sort of prideful attitude where we rejoice in just how amazing we are.

Rather it is the idea that we long to have someone show us their love for us will pay any price.

The truth is--

I've been fought for.

My Savior loved me so much, He paid the ultimate price--His death on a cross.

I didn't deserve it. Not at all. But He loved me enough to prove it. While I'm not suggesting that God is my "knight in shining armor" I am suggesting He is the Lover of My Soul, who bought me at a very dear price, and fought a heavy battle to buy me.

I still enjoy these period dramas.

I'm still a sucker for the old knight-rescues-the-lady line.

But I no longer must wait for a gentleman to show me I'm worth fighting for.

Someone Else already has.

5 comments:

Melanie April 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM  

Wow, what an incredible thought about our Savior! Thank you for sharing!

Mac April 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

What a great thought Deb! Really eye opening

An Old Fashioned Girl April 9, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

That was beautiful. Thank you :-)

Sarah Dee April 9, 2009 at 8:24 PM  

You always encourage me so much Deb. Thank you for your willingness to share your wisdom!

*hug*

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates