Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Experiencing Disappointment

Disappointment is one of the worst emotions in the world.  I've been experiencing it lately. 
But, I came across this quote by Oswald Chambers at the perfect time the other morning.  I wrote it on a Post-It and stuck it in my pocket so I could pull it out and read it all day. 

"If your hopes seem to be experiencing disappointment right now it simply means that they are being purified.  Every hope and dream of the human mind will be fulfilled if it is noble and of God.  But one of the greatest stresses of life is the stress of waiting for God."

I know the feeling of waiting all too well.  I'm experiencing the purification of my hopes.  My noble hopes and dreams WILL be fulfilled.  But, they will be better than I can imagine in my finite mind. 

2 comments:

Sam June 26, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Thanks for sharing that! It's exactly what I needed to read today. :(

Farming Wisconsin June 26, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

WOW! What a good quote! Thanks for sharing it. Katie

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates