Friday, August 28, 2009

Sausage-Sweet Potato Bake





With fall poking it's head around the corner in our part of the world I thought it would be nice to share one of our favorite dinners. It reminds me of fall.


Brown sausage in skillet:
1 lb. Sausge (we use brats and kielbasa as well)
Break up large pieces and drain off excess fat.

Arrange in 2 qt. casserole dish:
2 medium raw sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced (you can use cooked or canned sweet potatoes instead)
3 medium apples, peeled and sliced
Combine and pour over:
2 T. Sugar
1 T. Flour
1/4 t. ground cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. water

Cover and bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes, or until potatoes and apples are tender.

4 comments:

Emily August 28, 2009 at 9:09 AM  

Wow, that sounds great! When you say "sausage" do you mean ground sausage? Do you like it better with links? Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Miss Deb August 28, 2009 at 3:46 PM  

Mmmmm!!! I'll hafta try this--it looks really good :)

Ruth August 31, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

That does sound really good, especially for fall! I'll have to try it soon.

Katie September 3, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Emily, I don't think I've every actually used sausage...... I would use ground sausage unless you prefer the continuity that links provide. I would cut them about an inch thick. That's what we do with the kielbasa.

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates