Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget

9/11/2001

Forget?

Never.

The moment I saw the pictures on the television is forever etched in my memory.  And with that memory is the memory of the immediate fear that gripped my soul.  Which was followed by a complete peace that can only come from God.  The world was gripped with terror, but I was not afraid.  Words like war, bombs, hijacking, had little effect on me, whatever was to come couldn't faze me, my God is real.
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
~ Philippians 4:7

1 comments:

Melanie September 11, 2009 at 2:16 PM  

I remember when we found out, we were driving to visit our cousins about 6 hours away. My dad called my mom on the cellphone to tell her. After she told us what had happened, we decided to read the psalms for the day. The words comforted us as they reminded us that God is in control and we can trust Him! Even lately, God has been showing me in His word that no matter how bad the world gets, how evil some people are, God is still in control and nothing can stop His plan. Praise God!

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates