Wednesday, September 30, 2009


"It may be that the night will close over us in the end, but I believe that morning will come again. Morning always grows again out of the darkness, tough maybe not for the people who saw the light go down. We are the Lantern Bearers, my friend; for us to keep something burning, to carry what light we can forward into the darkness and the wind."
Rosemary Sutcliff, The Lantern Bearers, p. 279

Rosemary Sutcliff is, in my opinion, the best of the best when it comes to historical novels. While she is considered a children's/young adult writer, I'm still discovering new works by her and being entranced by the beauty of her language and the way she draws her characters.

1 comments:

Rebecca October 1, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Thanks Maureen! I'm definitely going to look up this author!

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates