Friday, October 31, 2008

Happiness Is The Lord

I first came across this song early in the summer while preparing to teach choir at a children's camp our church holds every year.  Since that time it has been a huge blessing to me.  Whenever I think or sing it, I smile.  It's one of those songs that is impossible to frown about.

Happiness is to know the Savior,
Living a life within His favor,
Having a change in my behavior,
Happiness is the Lord.
Happiness is a new creation,
Jesus and me in close relation,
Having a part in His salvation,
Happiness is the Lord.

Real joy is mine, no matter if teardrops start;
I've found the secret, it's Jesus in my heart!

Happiness is to be forgiven,
Living a life that's worth the living,
Taking a trip that leads to Heaven,
Happiness is the Lord,
Happiness is the Lord,
Happiness is the Lord!
 Words and Music by Ira F. Stanphill
© 1968 - All rights reserved 

0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates