Thursday, January 29, 2009

Desires


"If I find in myself desires
nothing in this world can satisfy,

I can only conclude
I was not made for here."

-C.S. Lewis


Sometimes, when life is hard, and things seem discouraging
Sometimes, when swimming upstream through the fray seems impossible
Sometimes, when this world gets old and my heart just doesn't want to be here
Sometimes, when things are wonderful, but they just don't fill the void
Sometimes, when the turmoil around and within me seems unbearable,

I remember this world is not my hope, because my hope lies above.
I remember this world is not my strength, for I can do all things through Christ.
I remember this world is not my home, I'm just passing through.
I remember this world is not my joy, for I have that in my Savior.
I remember this world is not my peace, for that I have with God through Jesus.



I was not made for here.

1 comments:

Danae January 31, 2009 at 1:42 PM  

I love that quote from Lewis - it's one of my favorites. So good to remember.

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates