Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Waiting

Wait. Wait. Wait.


Like a piano’s hammer the word wait strikes at the strings of our heart; ominously resonating within us. We wonder “why am I in this place of holding, waiting, all over again. Why can’t it just be over?” Yet on we trudge; sometimes hearing, sometimes ignoring the gentle whisper of trust me, follow me. I often forget that a meaning of wait is “To watch; to observe; to take notice.” Instead, I freeze and think STOP. I get so caught up stopping that I miss the opportunity to wait.



"Yes, LORD, walking in the way of your laws, we wait for you; your name and renown are the desire of our hearts." Isaiah 26:8 (NIV)







Yes, sometimes waiting is “resting in expectation, to stay, not to depart, to await; as, to wait orders...” For me that means remaining faithful with my last instructions until the next ones come… it's hard. I am working on observing, learning and growing in these times of waiting. For me waiting isn’t just about marriage; it is waiting for guidance on school decisions, career, growth, family, and relationships. Even in my spiritual walk I have learned that often when I feel like I am just waiting for the next “moment” with God is when He is transforming me the most. Faithfully walking through moments of drudgerous waiting we can revel in transformation when all of the work of waiting finally comes together in perfect harmony.

“It is in the waiting that we are transformed…" Keil Zepernick

1 comments:

Lora May 5, 2009 at 11:31 PM  

Thanks, that reminder was so needed! I've been lamenting about feeling like I'm sitting in neutral.

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates