Friday, May 23, 2008

From the perspective of an eight year old

A little background... I've been playing the violin since I was 8ish (I don't remember exactly :)) Pretty much since the beginning I've always wanted to just have my own violin studio, teach lessons out of my home. I just wanted to be a violin teacher. So, 4 years ago I started teaching. At first I only had 2 students, it slowly grew to 4 and now in the last year its lept to 10! I love teaching!!!


One day not too long ago while I was teaching violin lessons one of my students asked me
"How old are you?"


"Almost 23. Am I old?"


"No....................................Are you married?"


"No."


"You should get married."


"Why?"


"Just cause, you should."


"Oh. *pause* But what if I got married and had to move far away and couldn't be your violin teacher anymore."


"You don't have to."


"I don't have to what?"


"Move. You can get married and still live here."


"Here as in P________."


"No, you can get married and still live at home."


Well, he is only 8, doesn't quite understand. But then again, it was sweet of him.

3 comments:

Elisabeth May 23, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

*Giggle!* It WAS sweet of him!

Krista May 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM  

Adorable! I have such a soft spot for little boys...

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates