Monday, May 5, 2008

Wonderment

I can't see the stars anymore living here
Let's go to the hills where the outlines are clear

Bring on the wonder
Bring on the song
I pushed you down deep in my soul for too long

"Bring on the Wonder" - Susan Enan


You'll probably soon notice - just as I have noticed myself - that music and songs tend to inspire me to write. I don't know why this is. Generally it's just one or two lines of the lyrics, but it's enough to make my thoughts spin. Sometimes it starts with an ache - an ache of longing, beauty and joy.

Bring on the wonder
Bring on the song...


I'm sitting by my bedroom window, this morning, my feet up on the bookshelf and the laptop in my lap. The skies are grey this May morning and the world is wet from overnight rain showers. April was dry this year and May bodes to be wet this year instead. But the world is also suddenly green and blooming. The pear tree outside my window is covered with little white buds that will soon be white blossoms; It is the perfect combination of baby green leaves and snowy white buds. I glance out at them now and then, to make sure they're still there - and to see if I can find that noisy robin somewhere. I suspect that he is the mate of the quiet mother that has built a nest in one of the supporting beams of our back porch.

It's spring.

Spring, people, spring!

I want to say it in fierce whispers, like a secret that has to be told. Like Mr. Beaver talking about Aslan to the Pevensies. Can I explain it all to you? This fierce, wonderful joy - this desire to hug the entire world, the new fresh beauty and blessings of spring. Can I explain it to you, this sudden desire to fly, to laugh, to sing, to dance.

It is spring and the birds are nesting and the world is new, new, new.

Bring on the wonder.

Bring on the song.

I pushed it all down deep in my soul for too long - it must spill forth.

Spring has come and brought joy along with it.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates