Monday, September 15, 2008

Echoes

Do you ever get the feeling, something that comes and slips away before you can put your finger on it, that echoes through your mind like something you've heard and known and loved before? Do you get the feeling of home-sickness when you hear the snatch of a beautiful, haunting song...when you see an old black and white photograph, smiling faces and old, old buildings...the elusive charm and wit of a poem...the sudden trick of a breeze against your face...the half-waking remembrance of a dream...the smile on a baby's face...fresh wonderment at the start of spring...the first breathless thrill of a spin on the dance floor...

It all echoes like I've known it before and just as I try to grasp it for all my worth, it's gone. Do you think I dream of heaven?

2 comments:

Miss Deb September 15, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

Beautiful Krista :)

I find myself dreaming of heaven too :)

Author September 16, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

Very well put. I think you're right. All our deepest desires are just hints and shadows of the reality to come. Further up and further in!

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates