Friday, August 8, 2008

Being Gilbert-less

Recently a friend of mine was talking about her best friend's upcoming wedding.  She was reminiscing about younger days and how they used to pretend they were Anne and Diana.  And in passing mentioned that maybe she should have been Diana as she was still Gilbert-less.  I stopped there and said to myself 'Yes, but Gilbert is worth waiting for;' and left it at that. 



The next morning I found myself thinking about it again.  But this time, the singleness in me weighing heavy.  I thought if he is like Gilbert, he is DEFINITELY worth waiting for.  But I immediately stopped myself.  My DYM is worth waiting for even if he is nothing like Gilbert.  Why?  Well because he is my DYM.  The one that God made just for me.  My perfect other half.  So, here I am, Anne, not Gilbert-less but DYM-less (Dear-Young-Man-less not dimless.)

2 comments:

Ana August 8, 2008 at 11:53 AM  

Oh, DYM -- Dear Young Man ... got it. ;)

What a wonderful post. I sometimes get discouraged about waiting, but when I think about it, the man for me is perfect for me (not perfect but perfect for me) and so as he is for me, made "custom made" for me, he's totally and completely worth waiting for.

The Werzinskis August 8, 2008 at 5:01 PM  

Wow! I just found you girls through YLCF, and I already love your site. Keep up the good work! I'll definitely be back.

Raylene

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates