Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Encouraging thoughts


“’Don’t you think it’s rather nice to think that we’re in a book that God’s writing? If I were writing a book, I might make mistakes. But God knows how to make the story end just right-in the way that’s best for us.’

‘Do you really believe that, Mother?’ Peter asked quietly.

‘Yes,’ she said, ‘I do believe it-almost always-except when I’m so sad that I can’t believe anything. But even when I can’t believe it, I know it’s true-and I try to believe it.’”

The Railway Children, E. Nesbit, p. 268-269

3 comments:

Krista August 16, 2008 at 9:21 AM  

Thanks for the quote, Maureen. I do love that book - and that quote was so timely for me. I've had a rather rough last few days and a reminder that God is in control is a good thing.

kalipay August 19, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

these flowers are gorgeous.

MaureenE August 20, 2008 at 12:58 PM  

Krista, yes, it is in my quote notebook and I often look at it.

Kalipay, they are gorgeous! They're lily of the valley. I didn't take the picture...wish I had!

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates