Monday, August 18, 2008

Blueberries in August

I had every intention of going blueberry picking this evening, but after a long day at work, interrupted only by a dentist appointment, all of which was followed by a trip out of town to bring my brother to martial arts, a stop at Wal-Mart and a visit with my grandparents, well, let's just say that I'm putting it off until tomorrow.

But I won't put off posting this delicious blueberry muffin recipe. Over the years, my family and I have tried quite a few different recipes, but none were anywhere near as good as this recipe!

To Die for Blueberry Muffins

4-1/2 cups flour
2-1/4 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons salt
6 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 cup milk
3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries

For topping:
1-1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, cubed
1 cup flour
4-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups.

Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix oil, egg and milk and add all at once to dry mix. Stir to moisten. Fold in berries. Fill muffin cups right to the top. Mix together ingredients for topping and sprinkle on each unbaked muffin.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy! They are excellent warm or cooled.

4 comments:

Valerie August 19, 2008 at 3:23 PM  

My sister has gone blue berry picking several times this summer. I think we have some in the fridge right now, too. I wonder if I should make these muffins with them.

Krista August 19, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

You should! The butter crumble topping is really what turns the whole thing spectacular. Certainly not the most healthy recipe on earth, but oh, so delish. :-) It makes a lot, too, just to let you know.

Rebecca August 20, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

I made your muffins yesterday Krista!!! YUMMY!

Krista August 20, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

I made some last night, too, although under duress. :-P Dad wanted some, heh. I used berries we picked yesterday and they were delicious!

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates