Friday, July 4, 2008

God Bless the U.S.A.


A couple of times a week we drive 22 miles to the nearest town, to attend church.  About halfway there the highway cuts straight through a hill.  And on top of that hill, right where everyone can see it flies an American flag, Old Glory, the symbol of our nation's freedom.



It wasn't until a couple weeks ago, when the flag was suddenly gone, I realized that I loved the flag, more specifically that particular flag, flying majestically on top of that particular hill, where it reminds thousands of people every day of their freedom and the great country we live in.  I still involuntarily glance up expecting the flag to still be there.  It's not.  Instead I remind myself that I live in a great country and that the flag still waves from my heart.  I thank God for the country I live in, the foundation on which it was laid and the men and women who work and fight to keep America free.  Keep the flag flying! And may God Bless the U.S.A.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates