Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Signs

There's a church near our house that has a handpainted sign by the side of the highway that says in big letters THE WAGES OF SIN ARE DEATH and underneath, in much smaller letters it says But Christ died to save sinners.

They've got it backwards.

I mean, sure, the wages of sin are death. But that's not important. The important part is the love of God which led Christ to die to save sinners. That's what we should be proclaiming--the Love of God, not the fallen-ness of man.

We cannot find salvation, we cannot achieve perfection by fear of hell. We can only find it through love of God and by His grace.

2 comments:

Krista July 7, 2008 at 6:24 AM  

Exactly. I don't want my love for God to be tinged by the fear that He's going to smack my hands and send me to hell - and just so would I never want someone else to come to Jesus just because of that. There is so much more about it!

MaureenE July 12, 2008 at 5:18 PM  

Yes! I entirely agree. :D

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates