Thursday, July 17, 2008

Moments

This summer I've made some resolutions.

Yes, I know, it's not New Years. But nevertheless, I am making the effort.

Simply because for me, I tend to be a Oneofthese.

One of these days I'll fulfill some of my dreams .One of these days I'll travel. One of these days I'll start taking voice again. One of these days I'll get into school.

My problem is, it tends to stop there. One of these days will never come. Because this day is what I have. This day is where I am.

I am so timid about stepping out and trying the new. But that is how we grow. That is how we learn, we change, we blossom.
A wise person once said "God cannot drive a parked car." He is in control of my life, yes. But I must willing to take that first step into the unknown.

So I for one will be stepping out this summer. I am saving to go to Korea (to visit my sister) next year. I am pursuing the possibility of voice lessons again. I am looking more diligently into school.

When it comes down to it, all I have is the moment I'm in. So I'm going to start making the most of that moment,as best I can.

And by the way, here is a fabulous brownie recipe to enjoy while you make those special moments. It's rich, but it's worth it (just be forewarned: it's REALLY rich)

Heaven on Earth Brownies
Take 2 boxes Hershey's Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix.
Make each box in a separate bowl.
Chop up 1-2 Symphony Chocolate bars with toffee.
Pour one box brownie mix into a 9x13 inch pan.
Sprinkle Symphony bar(s) over mix.
Pour 2nd box brownie mix on top.
Bake according to box directions.

Enjoy :)

2 comments:

Rebecca July 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

Thanks Deb! good post!

Sarah Dee July 17, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

Making the most... good thoughts! :D

Blog Archive

 

The IDD Blog | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates